*** Tutors Needed
Denver attorney David Bost runs a tutoring program for inner-city students attending Dora Moore Elementary School at Ninth Avenue and Corona Street. The program provides one-on-one assistance to second through fifth grade students in reading, writing and math, 6-7:30 p.m., each Tuesday. Each tutor is assigned one child for the school year. If you are interested in making a big difference in a child’s future, please call David at (303) 399-4900 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** Tuesdays at the Bar for September
Get lunch, CLE and a great program! E-mail email@example.com or call (303) 860-1115, ext. 727 by noon on the Monday before each program, to guarantee a lunch. Cost is $15 for members and support staff, or $25 for non-members.
* Tuesday, Sept. 9 – Metadata and the CBA Ethics Opinion — Join Charles Luce as he discusses what Metadata is and how the CBA Ethics opinion on it affects what you do.
* Tuesday, Sept. 16 – Termination of Undocumented Workers Under the Workers’ Compensation Act — Craig Eley will discuss the ins and outs of terminating undocumented workers in relationship to the Workers’ Compensation Act.
* Tuesday, Sept. 23 – Family Law Case Law Update — Come hear the latest in Case law in the Domestic relations area.
* Wednesday, Oct. 1 – The Practical Paperless Office (This program is on a Wednesday instead of Tuesday) — Gary Appel will present top ways to practically transform your office to a paperless office.
* Wednesday, Sept. 24, 8-9 a.m. – Coffee Talk – Professionalism in the Legal Community Today
*** CLE: Colorado Real Estate Practice Course
Only one week left to register for the fundamental course in Colorado Real Estate. "Colorado Real Estate Practice" has been offered annually since 1977, and is recognized as the best basic skills course in the Colorado real property law area. If you are a recent bar admittee, an experienced practitioner desiring a comprehensive refresher, a real estate professional, or a legal assistant working in real estate, this is a course you don't want to miss. Classes are every Wednesday starting Sept. 10, 5:30-7 p.m. Register online: Colorado Real Estate Practice Course
*** Book: Pioneering Women Lawyers: From Kate Stoneman to the Present
This important book shares the inspiration, advice and experiences of pioneering women in the legal profession who have paved the way for future generations. Order online here. For information, call (303) 860-0608, toll-free (888) 860-2531 or visit www.cobar.org/cle.