Legal Night at the Center
Attorneys and paralegals provide legal information to the community about ethics, landlord/tenant and immigration issues.
Legal Night at the Center is June 22, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at El Centro Bienestar, in Denver’s Baker Neighborhood.
Volunteer by contacting Dipak Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seniors Golf Tournament
The Denver Bar Association Seniors Committee (for those 65 and better) will have its annual golf tournament on Wednesday, July 28, at the Homestead Golf Course, 11500 W. Hampden Ave. An informal lunch will be at noon, with tee off at 1:30 p.m. Cost is $45, and includes green fees, cart, prizes and lunch.
Checks should be made out to Denver Bar Association and mailed to: DBA, Attn: Stacy Chesney, 1900 Grant Street, Suite 900, Denver, CO 80203.
Seeking Committee Members . . .
The Democracy Education Committee is seeking committee members to assist with the planning and revitalization of law-related educational programs for DPS, such as court tours, a speakers bureau, mock trials and future programs.
Meetings held monthly. Contact Carolyn Ferber, 303-824-5323 or email@example.com
The Legal Services Committee is looking for committee members who are interested in developing community programs that provide the less fortunate and pro se litigants with legal
information and resources. Meetings held the first Tuesday of each month. Contact Ilene Bloom,
303-886-9783 or Ibloom@sah.com.
Barristers After Hours
Come to the Rock Bottom Brewery, 16th & Curtis on Thursday, June 17. Two free drinks and free appetizers. No reservation needed—just show up! Contact Brian Popp at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Roll Out The Barrels Food Drive
This year’s Roll Out The Barrels Food Drive was a success, with many barrels of food donated and more than $4,200 raised for the Food Bank of the Rockies.
The winners of the firm competition are:
1) Edwards & Taylor
2) Harris Law Firm
3) Powers & Phillips
1) Robinson Waters & O’Dorisio
2) United General Title Insurance Company
3)Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh & Jardine
1) Isaacson Rosenbaum Woods & Levy
2) Wheeler Trigg & Kennedy
3) TIE: White & Steele and Baker & Hostetler
1) Faegre & Benson
2) Qwest Legal Department
1) Brownstein Hyatt & Farber
2) Sherman & Howard
3) Holme Roberts & Owen
Back Again . . . Section Symposia!
In an effort to bring a wider variety of targeted programs to members, the CBA is offering a number of small symposia. Like last year, the symposia will take the place of the traditional CBA annual convention and is presented through the cooperation of the Colorado Bar Association CLE. For more information contact CLE at (303) 860-0608.
June 10–12 Trust and Estate, Santa Fe, NM
June 18–19 Agricultural Law & Water Law, Steamboat
June 24–25 Intellectual Property, Westin, Broomfield
July 15–17 Real Estate, Snowmass
Aug. 6–8 Family Law, Steamboat
Oct. 1–2 Litigation Law, Denver
Oct. 14–15 Employment, Denver
Nov. 4–6 Business Law, Denver (date/location subject to change)
We Want You!
Volunteers needed for the following Law-Related Educational Programs:
1) Courthouse Tours: Guide school students on an educational exploration of the Denver County/City Courthouse! Courthouse information and tour guide training provided—NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! Commitment is on-call, based on availability (approximately three hours per tour).
2) Speakers Bureau: Be on-call to speak to students of all grade levels about a law or civic-related topic, as your schedule permits. Tell us your specialty—Constitutional Rights? Immigration issues in today’s world? Title IX? Brown v. Board? Other ideas? Average commitment is 2–3 hours (includes travel).
3) In-Class Mock Trials: Collaborate with, and be available as a resource, as needed, to teachers who have defined goals for incorporating a scripted in-class mock trial into their teaching curricula. Commitment varies, based on the need of the teacher, and may be either in or outside the classroom.
4) Career Day Speakers: Speak to a group of students about all career opportunities in the legal profession, including paralegal, court careers, judicial, and attorneys. On-call as requests are received. Committment typically 2–3 hours.
5) High School Mock Trial Program: Collaborate with Teacher/Coach to coach a high school mock trial team preparing for the Denver County Tournament. Commitment varies over a 4–6 month period.
Interested? Contact Kari Brandt at (303) 824-5340 or email@example.com.
DBA ANNUAL PARTY
Denver Art Museum
100 W. 14th Ave. Parkway
Free Food & Free Drink
June 9 at 5:30 p.m.
To RSVP, call (303) 860-1115 x.727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No charge to attend!